We use many skin products with the sole target of keeping our skin healthy and really good looking. But some of us do not get the desired result after using good quality and high priced skin care products. In order to get the best results, you have to make sure that you are using the beauty products in the right way. Here are some tips that can be considered as the best ways to use your skin products.
1. Maintaining the order is the very first rule to follow. The skin product you apply first will penetrate most in your skin. So you have to apply the most active ingredients first. When you are using two different skin products for two different problems, you must use them on bare skin at different times of the day.
2. You have to exfoliate properly before applying the skin products. The dead skin cells will actually act as a barrier and will not let any of the ingredients of the skin product to penetrate in your skin. You must make sure that your skin is properly exfoliated.
3. Skin products must be applied to just-washed skin only. Moist skin is just like a sponge. Most of the skin products need to be absorbed by the skin and so; you have to make sure that your skin is damp while you apply them.
4. When you use lukewarm water to wash your face, you actually raise the temperature of the skin slightly. This makes the blood vessels and skin pores to dilate and thus the skin becomes able to absorb more. Remember to use lukewarm water and not hot water; else you will burn your skin.
5. One of the best methods to boost the absorption of the top ingredients is to apply heavy ointments. You can use petroleum jelly over a skin product to enhance absorption. But this does not mean you will have to dab your face with petroleum jelly after you use all your skin products. You need to know first which skin product require this extra help to get absorbed properly.
6. Make sure that you do not use the skin products containing Retinoids during the day time. These skin products work best in the darkness as they degrade in the sun. This may cause damage to the skin instead of doing well. Moreover, the skin temperature is little high while you sleep. This results in better absorption of the skin products.
7. Try to use serums instead of general skin products. Serum is the concentrated source of active ingredients and it penetrates in the skin easily and quickly.
8. Some of the skin products are made in such a way that they need the help of another ingredient to give best results. For example, sunscreen and antioxidants must be used together to get best results. The sunscreen absorbs the UV rays and the antioxidants neutralize the free radicals created by the UV ray. So, if you layer your sun protection crème with antioxidant serum from beneath, you will surely get best results. Make sure that you know the right combinations of these types of skin products, unless you will damage the skin instead of making it better.